Friday, October 31, 2014

Reading, Writing and Tweeting

In the last few days I have been busy with revising an old manuscript, completing another draft of my current one, reading lots of books, as well as finding my way around Twitter. Amidst all these hectic activities I was unable to plot and outline my new story with which I wanted to join NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

I had a feeling that if I had a decent outline I may have been able to complete the first draft (that is write 50,000 words) in the 30 days of November. 

Unfortunately, my previous manuscript, research for the current one, Diwali celebrations and my joining Twitter waylaid my best laid plans. I consoled myself that I would take the NaNo plunge next year. That for the last two months of the year I would work on Scavage (remember my book on street dogs) and get it ready, complete with a query letter and a synopsis and start querying for it after a couple of months.

On my regular morning walks I suddenly remembered that I had another manuscript in my laptop. Hope you all remember the trilogy that I had mentioned. I have written quite a few scenes, even the ending, before I abandoned it last year.

Well, throughout November I will be working on Scavage, getting it into a kickass shape (hopefully, my fear of dogs has not affected my writing) and seeing where the first book of the Sorequil Trilogy is heading. I hope to get a lot of writing done in November.

As for Twitter, I am quite enjoying it. I completed one and a half months of Tweeting.

What about you all? What are your November plans? Anything special you are working on next month?

13 comments:

  1. So your hands are full with all the new writing endeavors! Best wishes for all these literary pursuits, Rachna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying Twitter. I don't get on there or Facebook enough. And awesome you have a manuscript to work on. I'm planning to wrap up my job, look for a new one and finish up my duties as swim captain mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am participating in Nano. But my target is around 23-25k. I have the outline this year, so hope to complete it! All the best to complete your various works soon.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not participating this year.
    Glad you have some projects for the next couple months.
    Find me on Twitter! Under my name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachna -- I did sign up for NaNoWriMo but I may just use the process to finish my present wip which needs about 50,000 words. I seem to do well with the NaNo process knowing so many others are working toward 1,667 words a day.

    I hope you enjoy Twitter as much as I do. I'm @PStoltey in case anyone else here wants to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning to finish my current mystery (this draft) tomorrow (I'm on the last two chapters, and I know how it ends), then set it aside before the rewrite and do one more rewrite of Imogene to send out. I've never participated in NaNoWriMo. I started to one year, but got behind right away. I don't think it's for me. But I'm always impressed by those who take the plunge and accomplish their goals. Best of luck on your rewrites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure you will write more than 50k words throughout this month with all you have going on. Happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've no clue how you manage to work on so many books at a time! You're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to be more active on Twitter, and am hoping to take more time with it this month. Sounds like you've been productive! :) Hoping to get a few writing projects completed this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not participating, but I've seen where people are setting their own word goals. I may do that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My NaNo plans never work out (shurg). However, I just finished the 1st draft to my sequel and need beta readers...hint hint;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though you aren't doing NaNo this year (neither am I), at least you'll be doing lots of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me, I'm doing NaNo this month. I have a pretty good start and will take it up a notch this weekend when I have a day alone to myself.

    ReplyDelete