Wednesday, December 7, 2016

IWSG Post – Where do we see ourselves 5 years from now

It’s the last IWSG post for 2016. IWSG aka Insecure Writers Support Group, an online group of writers, posts on the first Wednesday of every month. In our posts we usually discuss our writing related worries, anxieties, fears and insecurities. Other writers who have undergone similar situations help us out with their advice and suggestions. Check out the IWSG website for amazing writing tips. Read the other IWSG posts here.

We writers can never thank Ninja Captain Alex J Cavanaugh (author of the Amazon Bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars) for starting this awesome group. Honestly, if not for Amazing Alex, we all would never have met.  

I love the December 7th question: In terms of your writing career, where do you see yourself five years from now, and what’s your plan to get there? 

Five years from now I see myself having an agent and also a few books published. I also hope to win an Indian award for writing in these five years (yep, these are all big goals, but what’s life if we don’t dream big or aim for the skies).

To achieve these writing goals/aims/dreams I’m writing different books (as I never know which book will be successful). I’m also writing a wide range of genres as well as for different age groups. I hope to atleast have two adult novels published in these five years, as well as several middle grade books and a few picture books (I’ve already started submitting my earlier books to more publishers.)

I’m eager and excited to read where do all my writing friends hope to see themselves five years from now! 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachna!
    You have quietly achieved a lot already, so I think the agent goal is very achievable for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals, Rachna! I can definitely see you getting an agent. You're already a published author. So glad we're friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals, Rachna! Love the positive attitude!

    I can't believe this is the last IWSG post of the year....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a smart goal to submit in a variety of genres.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think spreading out and working on different projects is a great idea, because like you said: you never know which one will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to finish my Disaster Crimes Series. When I do, I have a few books in different genres I want (and need) to write. I can't wait! It's so much fun to not restrict yourself with one genre. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go big, or go home! I love your goals!! I hope to have an agent too. My current MG mystery is with 4 agents. UGh. I'm dying over here. And with the holidays, this could take awhile. I'm ever expanding with plot and genre and structure. It's a tough market out there! Gotta stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are writing for different age groups and different genres. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Write, submit, rinse, repeat. LOL Good luck with your goals. You can do it.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some great goals!! Best wishes, Rachna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Rachna,

    WONDERFUL... There is nothing wrong at all by having amazing goals. With your talent and tenacity, I am sure you will achieve them.

    ALL the best in the coming year and I hope you and your family have a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you'll work hard to complete your goals! Best of luck, Rachna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm afraid to think that far ahead. But I'll settle for doing more of what I do now:) Happy holidays, Rachna! :)

    ReplyDelete